Looking for a critical thinker with a go geting attitude to join a Tier 1 American Investment Bank's model validation team across the United States. The ideal candidate would have a strong educational pedigree in economics, finance, statistics or other quant related degree. The team you will join own over 100s of quantitative and qualitative models and conduct independent validation.
The Qualitative Model Validation team is responsible for reviewing and assessing qualitative models as part the Model Risk Management framework. The main objectives are to ensure that qualitative models are used appropriately by the business and that model users are aware of the models' limitations and weaknesses that should be mitigated by compensating controls. A qualitative model is a model whose output is largely or entirely dependent upon key assumptions which are primarily qualitative in nature (but may have quantitative components,
Key Activities include:
Performing independent validation of qualitative models across the firm, in line with the Citi Model Risk Management Policy and Procedures. This includes:
- Critically reviewing the appropriateness of a Qualitative Model versus alternative quantitative approaches with respect to the modeling objective and the available model development data.
- Producing high value models validation reports, including highlighting risks and limitations of the model.
- Evaluating the developmental testing approach and results for individual models in accordance with MRM guidance.
- Collaborating with other teams within Risk and the Business regarding qualitative models to facilitate compliance with our policies, procedures, and guidance
- Supporting the process of designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class qualitative model validation process standards, guidance, practices, templates, and other documentation.
- Minimum Bachelor' degree in Finance, Economics, or other quantitative discipline (statistics, quantitative finance, econometrics, etc.). Masters' degree or above is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience / knowledge of Banking, Treasury, Finance / Risk management preferred. However, talented candidates with fewer years of experience will be considered.
- Demonstrate excellent partnership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely formulate findings in a written form and good verbal communication skills.
- Good analytic, creative thinking, and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of SAS or R language a plus.
- Solid knowledge of time series analysis, statistics and econometrics preferred.
Henlow is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.