Model Risk Manager
- USD140000.00 - USD160000.00 per year
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
The Model Risk Manager works closely with model owners and developers through the model life-cycle, and works collaboratively to address findings and improve the overall quality of the analytical tools used across the Bank.
My client is a leading banking institution in Manhattan.
Manage model risk across the model life-cycle including model validation, ongoing monitoring, and periodic model reporting. This includes:
- Prepare written analysis of validation work.
- Provide effective challenge to model assumptions, methodology selection and model implementation.
- Manage stakeholder interaction with model owners and developers during the model life-cycle.
The Ideal candidate must have the following:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering etc.) with 3+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Understanding of supervisory guidance on Model Risk Management is required.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following: R, Python and SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively, professionally and with tact with all levels of personnel whether in person, on the phone or via email.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with colleagues.
- CCAR/DFAST, CCEL, credit risk, BSA/AML modeling experience is a huge plus
Competitive pay along with bonus and competitive benefits.