As a leveraged finance credit officer you'll play an integral role in contributing to the success of Deutsche Bank's leveraged lending franchise. You will partner with front office colleagues to analyze leveraged transactions, manage a portfolio of leveraged counterparties, and participate in regulatory audits. You will also play a critical role in ensuring adherence to all credit policies, associated governance, internal data quality, and regulatory reporting.
Job Title: Leveraged Finance Credit Officer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Location: New York, NY
Deutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals. Deutsche Bank is Germany's leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
As a leveraged finance credit officer in credit risk management you'll play an integral role in contributing to the success of Deutsche Bank's leveraged lending franchise. You will partner with front office colleagues to analyze leveraged transactions, manage a portfolio of leveraged counterparties, and participate in regulatory audits. You will also play a critical role in ensuring adherence to all credit policies, associated governance, internal data quality, and regulatory reporting.
What We Offer You
We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through DB's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
What You'll Do
- Analyze leveraged finance transactions including LBOs, M&A financing, best efforts, buy and holds, repricings, FX/IR/commodity derivatives, transaction banking, etc. and provide credit recommendations / present to CRM senior management and / or underwriters.
- Build relationships with front office colleagues communicating point of view and offering solutions.
- Assist in interactions with and associated on-going reporting requirements for internal / external auditors and regulatory authorities.
- Ensure credit approval documentation is consistent with leveraged lending policies and applicable regulations
- Portfolio management (in conjunction with credit and front office colleagues): responsible for ongoing quarterly and annual portfolio monitoring for assigned counterparties as well as limit review including oversight of data integrity in credit systems.
- Management of and participation in diverse internal projects.
How You'll Lead
- Lead individual transactions and manage deal process within respective industry under the overall guidance of a sector head.
- Provide training and guidance to junior credit officers particularly with respect to transaction diligence, credit analysis as well as policy and regulatory adherence.
Skills You'll Need
- A degree in accounting, finance or economics from accredited college or university (or relevant work experience).
- Minimum of 5 years credit analysis experience (ideally with part in non-investment grade credit lending)
- Solid understanding of leveraged market and regulatory standards with an ability to assess credit structures and documentation and suggest appropriate changes
- Strong accounting and credit risk analysis skills (leveraged loan and high yield structures a plus), financial modeling/forecasting, and understanding of derivative structures
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- Self-starter with ability to operate under tight and changing timelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of different teams and individuals
- Good knowledge of a range of commercial banking products and associated documentation, such as swaps, FX, Cash management, and Trade finance products
Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.