Learning & Development Specialist
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 08 Nov 18
Develop and implement effective talent development programs that drive improvement in staff development, engagement and retention. Collaborate with key stakeholders to analyze and understand employee performance, and implement appropriate training solutions. Responsible for administration of the learning management system and promoting, coordinating, and evaluating online, classroom, and other L&D training events.
My client is an American international Law firm with over 1200 attorneys around the globe. They are known as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world and represent some of the largest companies and financial institutions.
- Analyze, curate, design, develop and deliver organizational learning through a variety of formats including classroom, instruction, webinars, and eLearning using evidence-based approaches that support organizational and career development plans.
- Conduct analysis to identify team and individual development needs to improve overall employee engagement and organizational effectiveness.
- Develop formative and summative assessment tools to test efficacy of programs.
- Assist in developing training materials, exercises, instructor guides and other collateral material necessary to align learning solutions with course objectives and learner needs.
- Facilitate training offerings including preparing for training delivery, organizing training venues, logistics, as required, to achieve efficient training attendance and maximize learning.
- Act as Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator; coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure system supports Firm training and technical needs, develop and maintain documentation and training relating to the system, maintain system content, and manage relationship with LMS Vendor.
- Schedule, register and track training sessions and attendance via LMS.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends in training and talent development.
- Assist with other HR Projects as needed.
- Everything DiSC Workplace Trainer Certification is a plus
- 4+ years of organizational training or education experience focused on talent development, or related experience in human resources, performance consulting, or organizational development in a professional services firm.
- Experience in assessing training needs and delivering training classes in groups and to individuals
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Cornerstone OnDemand required
- Experience with Captivate, Camtasia, or similar eLearning development tools a plus
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills with a dynamic, engaging facilitation style.
- Strong organizational skills, critical problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage complex assignments.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision or direction.
- Trustworthy, able to work with confidential material and maintain discretion.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k match
- 4 weeks PTO