KYC Analytics - AVP
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
KYC Analytics - AVP
Overall purpose of role
- The role holder will be part of the Global Investment Bank Know Your Client (KYC) management team responsible for protecting Barclays against regulatory and/or reputational risk from financial crime - anti terrorist, anti money laundering, sanctions, corruption / bribery. This function is part of the first line of defence supporting the front office in conducting due diligence checks as part of the new client on-boarding process - as well as by 'refreshing' those checks on existing client accounts.
- Supervising the day to day operation of the Investment Bank Know Your Client (KYC) Analytics team. This includes ensuring that production targets are set, as set but the organization, and meet or exceed by the team
- Direct people management responsibility which will include 1:1's, team meetings, on-going training, and performance reviews. In addition to managing performance, the role holder will be expected to self identify training, procedure, process, and control failures from across the BAU Refresh team
- Support delivery of key metrics for BAU as well as strategic projects. The AVP focuses on managing stakeholder expectations while simultaneously prioritizing work to provide the right data so that an informed decision can be made.
- Oversees the workload of a team of analysts, producing meaningful metrics around the workflow and serving as the point person for escalations or queries around the work produced within the team.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize work assignments, communicate effectively with internal staff and clients, and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner. Follow-through skills and time management are critical elements of this position.
- Work with his/her direct reports to identify trends and assess systemic process deficiencies. The role holder will then work both tactically and strategically to ensure resolution of the issue and management of the business / client relationship. This includes formally raising to senior KYC management & Risk and Control for logging & action planning. The role holder will then be responsible for working with those escalation points to root cause the issue and develop holistic actions plans. This self identification process within the line management function is critically important given the current level of regulatory scrutiny on financial crime functions.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of Microsoft Office (excel, power point, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in VBA and or SQL
- 3+ years of experience in financial services
- Excellent ability to manage stakeholders' expectations and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
- Excellent ability to manage and lead a team of analysts to meet specific targets and objectives
- Excellent ability to develop productive business relationships with senior management across firm divisions
- Strong technical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products, specifically excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound communication skills, both written and oral
- Time Management and Organization Skills
- Adaptability to constant change
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Attention to detail