KYC Analyst (Temp/Consultant)
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Looking for an individual with 1-3 years worth of experience to join us here at Nomura The KYC/AML Client Account Approval (KYCAA) team is an integral part of the Operations Control Group within the US Operations Department. The KYC/AML CAA team's primary mission is to protect Nomura from entering into inappropriate client relationships. The KYCAA team completes risk reviews of the business' customers, based on KYC/AML standards and document requirements the firm has set.
The KYC/AML Client Account Approval (KYCAA) team is an integral part of the Operations Control Group within the US Operations Department. The KYC/AML CAA team's primary mission is to protect Nomura from entering into inappropriate client relationships. The KYCAA team completes risk reviews of the business' customers, based on KYC/AML standards and document requirements the firm has set.
Primarily this role is responsible for ensuring that all new/reopened client relationships have undergone the appropriate client identification screening and documentation approval as mandated by the firms KYC/AML procedures prior to opening/reopening a client relationship. KYCAA works closely with various counterparts locally and globally. The candidate must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work assignments, communicate effectively and complete assignments accurately and within a timely manner. Strong follow-through skills and time management are critical elements of this position.
- Perform the required KYC screening in clients by documenting and corroborating the information obtained on the client as required by the KYC procedures utilizing a variety of independent research sources
- Analyze client data, documentation and negative news in order to determine the client risk profile as established under the firms KYC procedures
- Collaborate with the Client Onboarding and the Compliance teams, locally and globally
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring the require AML/KYC Regulatory requirements are met (i.e. executed Patriot Act certification for all Foreign Banks, Section 312, MiFid (nice to have), etc..)
- Liaise with Compliance on specific requirements and regulations arising under special circumstance
- Liaise with Credit, Legal, Front Office, Client Onboarding and the Clients as a necessary part of the KYC process
- Perform Client Rolling Reviews
Key contribution areas critical to success:
- Collaboration with team members in other regions and leveraging their efforts.
- Must be a team player
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- 1-2 years KYC/AML experience
- Knowledge of the US KYC/AML regulations
- Knowledge of the UK Financial Crime regulations
- ACAMS license
Successful candidates will be engaged under a contract for services with a third party.
Successful Candidates will not be employed by nor have any employment relationship with Nomura.