- USD140000 - USD210000 per year + + benfits + bonus USD
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Technology
Java Developer | Front Office
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: USD140000 - USD210000 per year + + benfits + bonus
- Job Type: Full time
Java/Python Developer opportunity on a brand new Equity Strats Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is open to building a system completely from scratch interacting with Traders and Researchers on a daily basis to implement quantitative solutions.
FRONT OFFICE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
A leading Investment Bank is looking to bring on an experienced Java/Python Developer to work on their new Equity Strats Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is open to building a system completely from scratch and work on other Greenfield initiatives. The ideal candidate will sit in the front office interacting with Traders and Researchers on a daily basis and be tasked with implementing quantitative solutions. This is a newly formed team with the core having been together for a number of years making this a tremendous opportunity to learn from some of the smartest minds in the business. Not only will this role allow you to work across different areas of the business, you will also have a direct impact on the bottom line and will be compensated accordingly. This position offers unique exposure to a diverse set of research, development, trading systems, and businesses.
· Build cutting-edge components within a new trading system focused on equities, futures, and options
· Hands on development in Java and Python
· Create tools to improve the productivity of the Equity Traders
· Develop a trading platform that holds the core strategy components
· 3-10+ years of experience in the finance industry, preferably at an investment bank or hedge fund
· Computer Science degree, plus if you have a Master's or Ph.D.
· 4+ years using Java or Python as the primary development language
· A solid understanding in at least one of (equities, options, futures, and/or fixed-income)
· Proven ability to work across multiple business groups and domains, and to work in a virtual global team environment
· Proven ability to work in fast-paced demanding front-office environment