Internal Audit Assistant Vice President - Macro Products
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 18 Feb 19
Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Support delivery of BIA Audit Plan.
- Identify, assess & document risks and controls and complete fieldwork testing
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit.
- Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Lead in writing the audit report.
- Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Support the Vice President in scoping the audit where necessary.
- Update the Vice President and audit team with progress and observations.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors.
- Engage with business stakeholders to evaluate control environment
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Suggest practical ways of improving the work they do and apply where appropriate
- All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Treat all colleagues fairly.
- Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is to create opportunities for people to rise- customers, clients, colleagues and society. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.