Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Support delivery of BIA Audit Plan.
- Support the Vice President in scoping the audit where necessary.
- Execute Treasury audit plan, perform design effectiveness and operating effectiveness audit testing and complete workpaper documentation timely
- Apply agile methodology and data analytics in audit and audit projects
- Identify, assess & document risks and controls.
- Complete testing on time with high quality results
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit.
- Update the Vice President and audit team with progress and observations.
- Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Lead in writing the report.
- Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified.
- Monitor and assess Treasury risk environment through the continuous business monitoring engagement.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors.
- Suggest practical ways of improving the work they do and apply where appropriate.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all BIA colleagues
- Build a respected and independent relationship with external colleagues and stakeholders
- Discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with clients/Vice President/Director as appropriate.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Take into account reputation of Barclays at all times, through positive interactions and following policy and process.
- Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
- Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
- Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments.
- Act as buddy to less experienced team members and support others to develop.
- Share knowledge with BIA colleagues and stakeholders in the business as appropriate with an independent mind set. Be open to learn from others through feedback given to you.
- Treat all colleagues fairly, regardless of background or circumstance.
- Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is to create opportunities for people to rise- customers, clients, colleagues and society. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.