Work collaboratively with others across Barclays to be a respected voice and develop strong relationships. Responsible for conceptualizing, driving and implementing data analytics projects in support of the BIA Audit Plan.
Owning and driving Data Analytics Strategy in key portfolios within BIA.
- Develop sustainable and re-useable Data Analytics models and programs to improve the efficiency of BIA control testing.
- Support audit delivery teams with the identification and delivery of analytics solutions.
- Provide training to audit staff on how to develop and execute basic analytics programs.
- Maintain a library of re-usable data analytics programs and functional specifications.
- Build self-service tools/dashboards/warehouse/data lakes. Maintain common data used by audit delivery teams.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all internal colleagues and other control functions.
- Communicate with and Influence stakeholders of all levels to progress DA strategy for their portfolios.
- Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged.
- Share knowledge with BIA and business colleagues.
- Communicating analytical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Be open to learning from feedback given by others.
- Take proactive responsibility for the development of your peers.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Develop practical and innovative ways of improving audit work through the use of analytics.
- Support the Data Analytics Vice Presidents in analytics project scoping and development where necessary.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them