Internal Audit - COO Operations
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Support delivery of BIA Audit Plan.
- Support the Director in scoping the audit plan and leading audits to provide assurance on the Barclays Chief Operations Office (COO) control environment.
- Identify, assess & document risks and controls.
- Complete audit test work.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit.
- Update the Director and audit team with progress and observations on audits.
- Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Director in writing the report.
- Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Directors/Managing Directors.
- Suggest practical ways of improving the work they do and apply where appropriate.
- Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
- Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments.
- Act as buddy to less experienced team members and support others to develop.
- Share knowledge with BIA colleagues and stakeholders in the business as appropriate with an independent mind set. Be open to learn from others through feedback given to you.
- Treat all colleagues fairly, regardless of background or circumstance.
- Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or similar
- 8+ years experience demonstrating a proven track record of high performance in previous roles, including:
- 5+ years experience of auditing a relevant operational and/or technology controls environment and an understanding of relevant regulatory environment
- 5+ years experience of managing and delivering technical Change / Project Assurance audits
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of working in global teams
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. PMP, Prince2, MSP, CISA, technical qualification; graduate degree)
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of Program / Project Management and the Change Delivery Lifecycle (e.g. Waterfall and Agile), either through project delivery, Program / Project Management Office, independent assurance or quality/ project assurance functions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment
- Must be able to demonstrate that you live the Barclays values and behaviours described below
- An understanding of Change / Project Assurance delivery risks and experience in providing audit assurance
- Familiarity with risk based auditing or risk/control activities within one or more of the following Operations areas:
- Sourcing and Supplier Management, including procurement and supplier assurance
- Shared Operations, including shared service centers
- Corporate Real Estate Management