A leading global hedge fund in New York is seeking an experienced Technology Controls leader with financial services experience to join their Post Trade Engineering team. This position will be responsible for evaluating existing technology controls, identifying opportunities, and designing holistic remediation programs to close any existing and/or potential gaps around Technology Controls and SOC-1. This role will also oversee the proper and timely implementation of these programs.
- Perform periodic gap assessments to validate and ensure ongoing compliance with Technology Controls and SOC-1; design and establish scorecards, metrics, and reporting to support continuous compliance monitoring
- Establish optimal processes and workflows around Technology Controls and SOC-1, including ownership and certification; design and establish policies and standards around Technology Controls and SOC-1 related to new systems and processes, monitor compliance with these policies and standards
- Manage Technology Controls and SOC-1 audits and be ultimately responsible for the outcomes
- Liaise with Technology teams, Financial Control, Operational Risk, auditors, and external firms on Technology Controls, technology risks and associated audit work.
- 10+ years' experience in delivering large, complex IT projects (preferably in a Technology Controls governance, Information security, and/or audit capacity)
- Attention to detail, excellent analytical skills with proven experience of working under tight deadlines and delivering high quality results
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, high energy level, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven record in designing and implementing Technology Controls and/or SOC-1 remediation programs
- Strong background in Technology Controls (Logical Access, SDLC, Change Management, etc.) and SOC-1 requirements; excellent understanding of technology infrastructure (e.g., compute, network, databases) and risk management
- Experience with Hedge Funds, Investment Management and/or Financial Services