Human Resources Manager
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 25 Mar 19
My client is looking for an HR manager to join their foreign bank in the NY office. They are looking for 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Human Resource in the financial services industry, preferably banks. Maintains knowledge of federal and state laws that pertain to FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act), workers' compensation, unemployment, and other state/federal regulations
My client is an Indian multinational bank with about 100 people in their NY branch. They are a government-owned corporation headquartered in India and ranked on Fortune Global's 500 list.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing HR functions
- Manage and facilitate delivery of HR policies, procedures, and activities to ensure alignment, consistent interpretation and application of laws, policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, administer and communicate HR policies, procedures, and practices to employees.
- Recruitment for all vacant positions
- Interpreting and administering employment laws and helping resolve work-related situations.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits programs to establish competitive programs and ensures compliance regarding various employments laws related to Healthcare Reform and FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act). Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within the organization.
- VISA approval process for expat officials.
- Manage the performance management process and implement reward and recognition program for employees.
- Development of job descriptions for local staff of the branch.
- Trains, coaches and assists staff in best practices in the resolution of complex employee issues to mitigate risks. Make recommendations to executives and managers and/or handles employee relation issues including coaching, disciplinary actions, investigations and separations.
- Represents the Bank at employee related hearings and investigations.
- Responsible for the administration of ADP - payroll, timecard and leave management, and benefits, for local staff.
- Performs other related duties and HR projects as needed.
- Other administrative work entrusted.
- Bachelores degree, Human Resouces area of study
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience
- Managerial experience
- Experience within a foreign bank
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible hours
- 401k match