- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head of Network Banks
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Lead dedicated in-country team managing Network Banks Business (Inbound and US Branches of Foreign Banks), set an example through a deep understanding of risk and constant engagement with our clients to protect the Bank's interest around risk and compliance
- Understand our client normal behaviour by leveraging all tools and information available
- Understand our client's business including their strategy, customers, funding approach and risk and control environment.
- Understand the regulatory, economic and risk environment for countries in which the client operates
- Engage in the effective operation of governance and oversight controls by establishing the highest standards of engagement with the relevant committees US CBOG, representing FI/Banks business interests
- Ownership from business perspective "portfolio approach" end-to-end of the control processes and monitoring of the in-bound business demonstrating a clear understanding and oversight of the risks and drivers of the business in SC NY with special focus on Risk (AML / Sanctions, Credit, Operational Risk) and product.
- Close coordination with (Network GAM's for Inbound Banks) and relationship management of foreign banks branches in USA.
- Demonstrate leadership in the delivery of the financial plan through consistent sales discipline and execution.
- Support the establishment of SC as a leader in fintech and innovation. Build institutional knowledge in disruptive technologies including AI, Machine Learning, RPA, Crypto currencies, Agile etc. Build knowledge on the bank's initiatives in this space and actively engage clients in these discussions.
- Client Coverage working in a coordinated manner with product, risk management, compliance and operations teams ensuring we have adequate controls and oversight on the business being booked into SC NY
- Our team in SC NY, must leverage our global model where we have well established GAM's, FAM's and risk management structure at the location of our clients in our SC network and avoid duplication of tasks. The key point is to ensure we have robust oversight of the inbound business with FI/Banks leading the client management, business discussions and escalations as needed in our different governance forums.
- Constantly review the process, system and underlying policies to ensure they are efficient, fit-for-purpose and provide feedback to appropriate teams.
- Focus on an efficient client base that directly aligns to the values, risk appetite and financial aspirations of SC. Critically review clients and prospects based on their alignment to SC standards around risk tolerance, fit with footprint, business potential, values and market perception to ensure we are banking the right clients.
- Tail account reviews or inactive accounts that need to be repriced: debate, decide and commit to monitor until completion for exit names
- Professionally represent SC at the highest levels within region and internationally.
- Bring strategic thought and vision as to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed personally and within the team.
People and Talent
- Ensure that risk awareness and comprehensive risk education forms part of the development plan and that the plan complies with ongoing professional development requirements in line with regulatory requirements. (For example FINRA requirements)
- Maintain the bank's global standard through mandatory learning agenda set for the BBD segment and SCB as a whole
- Demonstrate risk ownership as the bank's first line of defence through compliance to the letter and spirit of the banks policies and procedures with focus on:
Correspondent Banking and Financial Crime Risk, Response to Media and internal alerts, Credit Oversight and Regulatory compliance
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified. Coach and manage the team in these matters and ensure they are adequately trained in and cognisant of regulatory, reputational and ethical risks
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct and develop a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among team members.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder's attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate escalation to Regional/Country Banking Heads and Group/governance committees, as appropriate
· Active participation on US CBOG "Correspondent banking operating group" as well as with different sub-groups (Nesting, Sanctions, KRI, OBI)
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Network Bank, Americas Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- New York Department of Financial Services, FED PRA, FCA, SEC, FINRA