Fixed Income Securities Accountant
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 10 Jan 19
Due to ongoing growth in the accounting department, this financial institution is in search of a Fixed Income Securities Accountant to join their team. This position reports directly to the Controller, but has exposure to the CFO as well.
Due to ongoing growth in the accounting department, this financial institution is in search of a Fixed Income Securities Accountant to join their team. This position reports directly to the Controller, but has exposure to the CFO as well. The duties of this position are as follows:
- Reconcile general ledger and various bank accounts as assigned in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries as required, and ensure documentation of accounting records.
- Serve as an integral component of the internal controls of the organization and identify and evaluate of transactions.
- The candidate will Prepare and analyze financial statements, utilizing knowledge of technical accounting issues and disclosure requirements; liaise with external auditors.
- Review and explain variances to budget/forecast and to previous reporting periods on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Identify and improve workflows, processes, and data validation tools.
- Conduct non-routine financial analysis/reporting projects and create recommendations for senior management.
- Train and mentor other Accounting team members.
This role is at the heart of the Accounting Team. Relevant applicants should submit their resume for consideration using the associated link. Should your resume be deemed suitable, Joyia Johnson from Michael Page will be in touch.
In return for an extremely competitive remuneration package, you will posses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income Securities and Interest Rate Derivatives is required
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Versatility, resourcefulness, and a willingness to accept prominent work assignments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competive base salary
- Savings Incentive plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity Leave
- Health Club Membership Discount
- Annual performance bonus
- Challenging work environment of like-minded individuals
- New York City location
- The opportunity to sit in a career definining role, at the heart of a accounting team.