E-Commerce Network Infrastructure Lead
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
* The role holder will provide effective and expedient support for the banks E-Commerce low latency specific global networks
- Review low latency network strategy and standards and provide operational feedback to drive an effective and optimal low latency network infrastructure
- Assist on development of operational strategy
- Provide effective and expedient support for the banks E-Commerce low latency specific global networks
- Lead the planning & implementation of BAU network changes
- Perform in-depth latency analysis and troubleshooting
- Assist with the client on-boarding process in local location where required
- Identify and implement technology improvement with the low latency network environment.
- Manage incidents end to end and take ownership of resolution.
- To identify and analyse, reason for outage (RFO) and root cause analysis (RCA) for every outage and degradation in the network.
- Assist in network capacity planning with detail analysis of the network behaviour.
- Demonstrates continuous effort for identifying problematic area and providing permanent fixes.
- Communicating with clients for providing expert advice.
- Work closely with other members to provide process and project related information when required.
- Focus on internal and external customer experience - "Delight the Customer"
- Own and drive excellence in the banks E-Commerce Network & Security incident and problem management processes.
- Implement project methodologies, process and tools to execute BAU projects
- Identify and suggest improvements to all processes.
People and Talent
- Work closely with other team members to provide process and project related information when required.
- Actively participate in team meetings to drive best practice and cross fertilisation of skills and experience across the global team.
1. Low Latency network technologies
2. Firewall technologies. Juniper and Cisco preferred
3. Load Balancer experience preferably F5/Citrix platform
4. Switching / Routing - Cisco Nexus platforms and 3K low latency platform preferred
5. BGP and OSPF routing protocols to expert level
6. Knowledge of FIX protocol, feed handlers and other low latency trading tools
7. Good working knowledge of all forms of Multicast technology