I'm working with an with a top-tier Asset Manager that owns and operates multiple insurance companies, and businesses, having over $5 billion of assets under management. The company performs asset management, actuarial, accounting, and other oversight functions on behalf lead insurers and third-party clients. This group also provides strategic and operational support to portfolio subsidiaries, formulates new investment strategies, oversees external financing and acquisition activities, and provides modeling support for insurer liabilities and capital.
The Director of Financial Technology will manage all technology platforms that govern the front, middle, and back office of both the asset and liability sides of their insurers and asset management.
The ideal candidate must have a background in the insurance industry and will have a deep background in insurance/financial software (e.g., administration systems and general ledger platforms), database building, system architecture, and data analytics.
This role will also oversee asset cash flow modeling/projections and risk management analytics and will require a basic understanding of insurance company accounting.
- Build and lead a cross-functional team to achieve business success.
- Supervise modeling/projections of multiple insurance company asset portfolios made up of public fixed income securities and asset-based loans.
- Improve system architecture and flow of data between third-party general ledger and internal reporting systems.
- Build out the database from scratch and become the CTO
- Recruit and build out a team to serve the firms technological needs
- 10 + years of experience and an advanced degree in CS, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting or engineering.
- Expert object-oriented programming experience in any language
- Expert in database building (e.g., PowerBI, DAX, SQL), system architecture, data analytics, and report writing.
- Expert in asset cash flow modeling/projections with strong quantitative skills.
- Experience in the insurance industry, ideally with life insurance and/or annuity product administration.
- Build out an entire IT team and take full ownership of your projects, reporting directly to the CEO
- Transitioning to the CTO in 1-2 years
- Highly competitive base and Total compensation
- Full health benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Competitive Hybrid flexibility