Overall purpose of role Work collaboratively with others across BIA, while developing strong client relationships which are independent and be seen as a respected voice. Develop practical and innovative ways of improving audit delivery through the use of data analytics.
- Understand, evaluate and translate requirements into analytics use-case. Learn business in a fast paces environment and apply critical thinking to deliver business value.
- Develop and apply forensic data science techniques to identify trends and potential issues by looking across datasets across many different businesses.
- Build self-service tools/dashboards/data models/warehouse/data lakes. Maintain common data used by audit delivery teams.
- Present data science techniques/technologies, capabilities and audit use-cases in different forums.
- Assist with data sourcing, cleaning and preparation for audit delivery teams.
- Provide training to audit staff on how to develop and execute basic analytics.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with all colleagues.
- Be comfortable to challenge others; be prepared to be challenged.
- Share knowledge with BIA colleagues and peers in the business. Be open to learn from others through feedback given to you.
- Identify opportunities for analytics and communicate appropriately to stakeholders.
- Communicate with and Influence stakeholders of all levels to progress DA strategy for their portfolios.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Develop analytics for controls testing.
- Suggest practical ways of improving audit work through the use of analytics.
- Innovate by identifying automation opportunities to streamline Audit workflows.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is to create opportunities for people to rise- customers, clients, colleagues and society. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.