A fast growing futures trading shop from Chicago is expanding their trading technology group and hiring for Data Engineers (python) to join the core technology team in New York and Chicago.
Headquartered in Chicago, a proprietary trading firm is expanding their presence in New York for the first time. It is an opportunity to get in at the ground level. They are the best performer in the future market and looking to diversify their business within Equities. The core engineering team is building a research platform and seeking the highest calibre Data Engineers to help support the research data pipeline.
Proficiency in Python programming is mandatory.
- Collaborate with quant researchers, and core technologists to build and maintain the central research platform
- Develop and optimise existing tools, used by the Quants
- Ongoing testing and optimisation of the research pipeline by collecting and analysing data on the utilisation and efficiency of the firms distributed systems
- A Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree with more than 5 years of experience with an emphasis in Computer Science and Statistics/Math (e.g. Data Science, Physics, etc.)
- Strong multi-tasking skills, including the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects at one time
- Expert experience in Python and knowledge of DASK
- Ability to understanding the optimisation and profiling of trading systems with proven success of developing models in a low latency trading environment
Experience in the trading industry useful but not mandatory
Henlow is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.