- Negotiable USD
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
The Accounting Manager will generall be responsible for day to day accounting duties such as general ledger management, reconciliations, and assisting with the SEC reporting process.
Due to ongoing growth in the accounting department, this publicly traded financial institution is in search of a Accounting Manager to join their team. This position reports directly to the CFO and will assist financial & external reporting. The duties of this position are as follows:
- Reconcile general ledger and various bank accounts as assigned in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries as required, and ensure documentation of accounting records.
- Prepare documents for month end close for operating and investment companies
- Serve as an integral component of the internal controls of the organization and identify and evaluate of transactions.
- The candidate will provide support for SEC Reporting, utilizing knowledge of technical accounting issues and disclosure requirements; liaise with external auditors.
- Review and explain variances to budget/forecast and to previous reporting periods on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Identify and improve workflows, processes, and data validation tools.
- Conduct income statment and balance sheet analytics and create recommendations for senior management.
- Train, supervise and mentor employees and Staff Accountants
This role is at the heart of the Accounting Team. Relevant applicants should submit their resume for consideration using the associated link. Should your resume be deemed suitable, Joyia Johnson from Michael Page will be in touch.
In return for an extremely competitive remuneration package, you will posses the following:
- Public Accounting foundation (Big 4 Accounting Firm)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels throughout the organization
- Financial Service industry experience preferred
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Versatility, resourcefulness, and a willingness to accept prominent work assignments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competive base salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Challenging work environment of like-minded individuals
- New York City location
- The opportunity to sit in a career definining role, at the heart of a accounting team.