AVP Legal Entity Control
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
The primary function of the Legal Entity Control group is to ensure the integrity of the Financial Statements of the various entities. This includes management of the monthly close of the general ledger and to ensure that all procedures/processes have been completed for timely and accurate reporting of the financial statements locally and to head office. Liaise with Product Control, Regulatory Reporting, and various infrastructure groups.
- Responsible for the month end close across the various sub ledgers within Barclays Capital Inc. (BCI) - ensuring reporting is in compliance with both IFRS and US GAAP.
- Perform first level review and fundamental analytics of the balance sheet and P&L reporting schedules prior to submission to mid and senior management.
- Responsible for the month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and review. Identification, escalation and resolution of issues associated with substantiation.
- Prepare quarter end and year end reporting schedules for the Financial Reporting group and Regulatory Reporting group. Work proactively in non quarter end periods to address problem areas from prior reporting periods.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- BA/BS Accounting / Finance
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Public accounting audit experience
- Financial product knowledge
- Excel & PowerPoint
- MS Access
- Working knowledge of relevant accounting standards under both US GAAP & IFRS
- Experience preparing monthly, quarterly and yearend financial reporting, including disclosure requirements
- Team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and analytical - able to work efficiently with spreadsheets and solve problems with minimal guidance