AVP - Operational Risk
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 12 Jan 19
In this role you will assist the organization in the identification, classification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of operational risks. You will report directly to Head of Operational Risk Management as well as working closely with others in the Risk Management functions to provide Management with a consistent and accurate view of the sources, scale, and scope of identified risks
Our client is a leading financial services institution located in Manhattan.
- Develop and utilize analytical templates and reports required to support risk management through the use of internally used tools and/or vendor provided software.
- Collect data, perform critical and statistical analysis and draft executive "C-Level" reports as well as periodically advise senior management and other governing bodies including the Operational Risk Committees.
- Regularly collaborate with business partners across the organization to discuss, identify, document and assist with remediation of risks. This may include conducting and documenting Business Process Reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Focus continually on process improvements and automation using standard IT Technology stack (e.g. Microsoft Development Tools).
- Deliver projects as both individual contributor and project lead and possess strong project management skills to translate high level goals and objectives into actions and tasks.
- Provide support to the overall Risk Function in documenting the review of materials to determine sufficiency of action items assigned to different areas of the organization. Provide guidance and feedback to help review solutions with key stakeholders.
- Participate and/or lead in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years professional working experience required, 3-5 years in a regulated financial institution.
- 2-3 years of experience in Operational Risk, Internal Audit, or with a Big-Four firm, a plus.
- Strong programming and database skills, including proficiency in Access or Excel VBA programming and SQL database.
- Experience with BI tools such as SSRS and WebFocus desired but not required.
- Ability to work as a liaison between Risk Management and IT Teams in. Software Development Life Cycle understanding is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Control Frameworks (e.g., COBIT, COSO).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) with an ability to produce professional documents ready for presentation to executive "C-Level" management.
- Demonstrated ability in discussing a broad range of business issues in the context of operational risk (i.e. Control Risk, Processing Risk, Unauthorized Activity Risk, Information Technology Risk, etc.).
- Strong understanding of asset management operational processes and investment types (e.g., fixed income, equities, currencies, derivatives, trade life cycle, client service, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management skills with demonstrated ability in dealing with challenging situations, navigating disagreement, and negotiation at different levels in the organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing skills.
Competitive Compensation + Industry Leading Benefits including flexibility to work from home.