AVP - Market & Liquidity Risk
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 12 Jan 19
Reporting to the Team Leader of Market & Liquidity Risk, the Risk Analyst provides daily reporting and data analysis on market & liquidity risk transactions. In addition, The Risk Analyst conducts projects for the Department Head, including preparation of ad hoc presentations and reports to management and regulators. The Risk Analyst also ensures adherence to regulatory requirements and internal processes for the U.S. and Regional businesses.
Our Client is a leading International Investment Bank located in Manhattan.
- Manages Market and Liquidity risk environment to reflect internal policies, meet regulatory requirements, and support Home Office approved risk structure
- Produces timely and accurate day-to-day market & liquidity reporting, and ensures control procedures and processes are followed
- Creates, updates, and maintains policy and procedure documents related to market & liquidity practices
- Conducts data analysis as directed, generates reports, and recommends process improvements
- Synthesizes and reviews information from existing reports and the first line to troubleshoot potential problems
- Works within IT risk and control framework
- Develops ad-hoc risk analysis and works on projects as needed
- Ensures business continuity under all conditions, sometimes adverse, with strict adherence to established guidelines and deadlines
- 2+ years of prior financial services experience or financial reporting experience in a corporate setting, acquired either full time or through internships.
- Functional knowledge of U.S. and non U.S. banking laws and regulations, accounting related- risk frameworks, and regulatory requirements.
- Stays current on new regulatory guidelines and updates.
- Ability to interpret regulatory guidelines into policy documentation.
- Ability to synthesize information from various data sources.
- Previous working experience with excel
- BA/BS degree required, or its equivalent.
- VBA and/or computer programming skills preferred
Competitive base + bonus potential & Industry leading benefits.