AML Risk and Control Advisory - Financial Crime
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
AML Risk and Control Analyst - Financial Crime Advisory
Overall purpose of role
The role holder is responsible for assessing and helping ensure the sufficiency and consistency of franchise-wide financial crime risk management practices and internal controls, as reflected in written procedures and business practices. This is critical to Barclay's reputation with the public, with regulators, and law enforcement.
As technology has become central to the financial services business and compliance functions, the role holder should be comfortable with the analysis and use of data.
- Assisting the team in managing legal, regulatory, and audit projects
- Drafting, updating, and reconciling policies, procedures, and standards
- Keeping informed of global legal, regulatory and policy changes affecting Investment Banking and Financial Crime
- Preparing and delivering appropriate Financial Crime training for the business, operations, and Financial Crime
- Using data to advise compliance management on potential risk.
- Compilation of clear and concise written reports
- Recommendations to business and compliance management outlining potential risks.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Provides guidance to the Business where collective action (e.g. where controls are allocated appropriately between the 1LOD controls with oversight from FC specialists) result in a stronger risk and control environment.
- Able to clearly navigate and articulate the importance of the FC Control Environment to the business. Able to educate colleagues and skilfully provide simple explanations, real world case studies and is able to effectively present/ facilitate FC training if required.
- Embraces change, sponsors improvements and is empowered to raise concerns and suggest improvements/mitigants.
- Strongly advocates Financial Crime risk appetite and cascades policy and standards relevant within their role in Barclays.
- Embraces change, sponsors improvements and is empowered to raise concerns and suggest improvements/mitigants. Constructively looks to support continuous FC Control Environment improvements
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Able to understand changing FC landscape and can apply those changes in Barclays, knowing the business and products, mindful of FC risk typologies and the impact of decisions on customers, business relationships and UK and global economies.
- Able to analyse customer and product data to evaluate risk of specific customers and activity.
- Able to understand issues in context by taking a holistic view, (identifying other potential FC risks and escalating them as appropriate), analyse and recommend steps for mitigation or redress. Looks at data trends and analyses whether the business is equipped to mitigate the risk effectively, taking appropriate oversight to ensure First Line of Defence corrective action or escalation.
- Able to educate colleagues and skilfully provide simple explanations, real world case studies and is able to effectively present/ facilitate FC training if required
- Demonstrates strong commercial awareness in dealing with the business, able to articulate Financial Crime risks to develop individuals capacity, as well as collective understanding, however, will stand up for what is right and explain the rationale with patience so that the concept is embedded at individual or team level. Mindful that there is required emphasis on how we do business, which needs to be balanced with how much business we do.
- 4 year College Degree.
- 3 years experience in Compliance or Financial Crime in a large global financial institution or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in and strong understanding of AML, Sanctions, governance and regulatory control frameworks and best practices.
- Facility with common data tools and the use of data in risk analysis
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence positive outcomes across a wide variety of business areas.
- Solutions-driven, confident, ethical, and highly motivated.
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick analysis and decision making.
- Experience in managing people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Team player.