- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 13 Oct 18
The AML Analyst will support engagements in our Regulatory Compliance practice. The candidate will carry out tasks on engagements related to assessments, system implementations, gap analysis, project management, look-backs, remediation, process improvement, and tuning and segmentation.
My client is an industry-leading investigative, compliance, and cyber defense services firm founded in 2009 by Jeremy M. Kroll and Jules B. Kroll, the originator of the modern corporate investigations industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work on engagements related to Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Know Your Client (KYC), and all other laws, regulations, and requirements designed to establish processes to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, and terrorism.
- Manage assigned tasks related to drafting case investigations, preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), analyzing/utilizing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Monetary Instrument Logs (MILs), and referencing Customer Identification Programs (CIPs).
- Using strong investigative/analytical skills, able to formulate and clearly articulate a supportable rationale behind the decision of "alerts" within cases, as part of look-backs.
- Conduct transaction analysis in the course of look-backs.
- Solve basic problems and include senior team members when appropriate.
- Meet utilization targets.
- Interface with clients in a professional manner, including being prepared prior to client meetings to resolve questions and issues.
- Meet deadlines and manage evolving/shifting deadlines.
- Maintain education and knowledge with regard to BSA, AML/KYC/OFAC, and Patriot Act regulations
- Meet clearly defined productivity and quality assurance standards.
- Be resourceful-offer creative solutions to problems faced by project leader.
- Occasional travel required.
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Four-year college degree or international equivalent.
- Two to three years' relevant experience at professional services firm and/or bank.
- Transaction monitoring experience that is focused on correspondent banking activity and/or OFAC experience is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong analytic and decision-making/critical-thinking skills.
- Strong writing skills; must be able to write clear and concise reports and communicate with management.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Proficient at conducting due diligence using tools such as LexisNexis.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (pivot tables, charts, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to show initiative and provide proactive updates.
- Exhibited ability to act as mentor to new hires, helping them to acclimate and introducing them to the group's culture.
- Responsible for self-development.
- Exhibited ability to maintain a climate of teamwork and cooperation when working with others.
- Demonstrated ability as well as flexibility to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strongly prefer candidates who are bi-lingual - English-Mandarin
Competitive Salary + Benefits