Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced and friendly financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchise with a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
This position completes tasks previously performed by the advisor, allowing the advisor to focus more time and energy on client acquisition and deepening client relationships. The administrative assistant supports the many different tasks for which the practice is responsible and ties directly to the overall business plan of the practice. The administrative assistant allows the advisor assurance he/she needs to know that his/her practice is being maintained and supported within Ameriprise Financial guidelines.
This role provides administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, preparing client communications, and tracking new business correspondence. This role is responsible for responding to ad hoc requests, coordinating/tracking projects and/or managing business-as-usual projects such as filing, copying, researching printer problems, and/or organizing the logistics of a client seminar. Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor. Position Functions:
90% - Administrative Assistance
10% - Client Care
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature
- Copy and track all client and practice materials including business correspondence
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues
- Schedule client appointments
- Conduct client appointment reminders and check-in calls on follow up items
- Assist the planning assistant(s), paraplanner(s), advisor(s), and management
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned
Required Qualifications Key Traits of a Successful Administrative Assistant:
- Greet clients upon arrival and extend hospitality to clients
- Maintain client management system
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and administer client appreciation
- Document client contacts
- Track client special events and make appropriate contact per established client contact model
Education and Other Designations:
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Direct attention to detail
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor and Ameriprise
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor's practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
About Our Company
- High school degree or higher
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.