Senior Lead Data Engineer (REF2381S)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring. We are currently looking to hire our next Lead Data Engineer to support our Broadridge Advisor Solutions suite. This is a Full Time / Direct Hire role based out of our Deer Park, NY location. In this position, you will be part of the Application Development team that supports several data-intensive back-end processes. We're looking for a hands-on, motivated data solutions engineer to design and implement enterprise level data integration, processing and analytics solutions in the current on-prem environment as well as on AWS Cloud.
Are you passionate about technology and making a direct impact? Are you passionate about joining our growing team supporting one of our emerging product lines? If so, please read below.
You'll be expected to perform the following responsibilities in addition to others:
- You'll architect, make product improvements and support of our enterprise data, reporting and analytics platforms
- You will collaborate with Corporate IT, business leads, clients, and other key partners to deliver critical initiatives for both Business and Technology
- You'll seek out opportunities and evangelize data services as a product. Take the initiative to provide data architecture and engineering recommendations new data products
- You'll provide technical guidance to other developers on the team and institute database standard methodologies for the development team
- Collaborate closely with other development and product teams to develop, design and deliver projects in line with the division's long-term strategic goals
- You will be responsible for code reviews and technical design sessions with development team and also to institute and maintain developer standard methodologies
- Champion adoption of DevOps CI/CD automation of ETL and Database code/objects and Linux shell scripts
- You'll partner with other product and development teams to identify and drive opportunities for data reuse, and to build shared data services for the entire organization
- Ability to be on call production support as part of a broader team support rotation
- Build data architecture strategies for collecting, running and analyzing big data
- You will ensure that data strategies and architectures support regulatory compliance and security standards
- You'll possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience as a data designer, developer and hands-on architect required
- Significant experience with ETL development using Informatica, SSIS or other ETL frameworks required
- Significant demonstrable experience with designing and implementing enterprise data warehouses, data analytics and reporting initiatives
- Experience with Relational Databases like SQL Server, Oracle or DB2 required. Knowledge or experience with MPP databases like Greenplum is a strong plus
- Strong SQL background and experience
- Experience with AWS data solution design and delivery is highly desirable
- Experience with C#, Java, Python for enterprise development is highly desirable
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Power BI and/or Amazon QuickSight would be a plus
- Experience with DB profiling tools and SQL tuning experience required
- Good communication skills and ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements for developers
- Highly ambitious, and strong record of project delivery
- Knowledge of Financial services industry is a plus