Junior Supervisor, Production Mechanics (JR1002449)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing. We are actively seeking a Junior Supervisor Production Mechanics
to work at our Deer Park office Monday - Friday from 6:30 AM to 3 PM
This role is in our Customer Communications Division, which offers a full range of multi-channel communications solutions, such as integrated print, mail and digital solutions for transactional, marketing and compliance communications.
In this role, you will oversee the Production Technical Support Department while providing direction and mechanical support to all production mechanics as required.
Are you a self-starter and passionate about working with a talented team? Are you looking for a position with strong growth potential with a dynamic organization where you can make an immediate impact? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Associate Degree or Equivalent
- Ability to stand and work while standing, and lift, carry and move 25+ lbs, through-out duration of assigned shift.
- Small team leadership experience
- Proficiency in machine repair
- Flexibility for scheduling and overtime required and the ability to consistently work Monday - Friday from 6:30 AM to 3 PM
- Bachelor Degree of Equivalent
- Prior experience in Engineering or the Trades
- Experience within a production environment with resultant knowledge of small machine repair.
- Monitors all work in progress ensuring that a constant production workflow is maintained and equipment repairs are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintains our parts inventory for all equipment by providing a complete list of parts to be ordered, including the vendor to be used and the associated cost for each part.
- Monitor records of preventive maintenance performed on equipment and ensures that the maintenance occurs according to scheduled deadlines.
- Keeps informed of all new technology and equipment used by the technical support and production operations departments.
- Fills in and assumes all Management responsibilities in the Department Manager's absence.
- Accountable to meet or exceed Cost Per Unit targets on your shift (i.e. labor costs, overtime, inventory control etc.)
- Monitors and maximizes machine throughput.
- Coaches, counsels, motivates, develops, supports, encourages and instructs all Technicians under direct report.
Key skill sets:
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, establish priorities, and work under deadline pressures.
- Strong time management skills, and can take direction and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while maintaining composure.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff and management at multiple levels.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse group environment with various personality types to get the work done.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."