Sr. UI Developer (JR1005134)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring. We currently are looking for our creative Senior UI / Front End Web Developer to join our organization. This is an excellent opportunity for you to collaborate with a growing and creative team based out of our Deer Park, NY location.
In this role, you will join the UI/UX team supporting our IT Product Development Group. If you are passionate about web design and development; take pride in and ownership of assigned projects; possess a dream to learn new approaches and technology; capable of working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment, please see below. Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- In this creative role, you'll hand code and customize HTML and CSS.
- You will convert approved mockups to working prototypes using HTML, CSS, and jQuery plugins.
- Implement UI code and assets into programming environments (mostly .Net; some Java).
- You'll ensure development is in accordance with corporate branding; style guides and other requirements.
- Ensure all web views function as expected across our supported browsers. Assist with browser compatibility issues as they arise.
- Understand and use current W3C standards and industry standard methodologies.
- You will assist with identifying and evaluating new technologies and methodologies.
- Create/update wireframe mockups based on requirements provided
Additional skills and experience that would be considered a big plus
- 5+ years developing website front ends.
- 5+years using the following technologies:
- HTML5 and CSS3: proficient hand-coding ability using standard methodologies and the latest standards.
- jQuery: proficiency with jQuery libraries and interfaces.
- Responsive Web Design: proficiency in creating/maintaining responsive sites.
- Expert ability with Twitter's Bootstrap framework.
- Proficiency with coding editors.
- Cross-browser compatibility: expert ability in testing with IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, browser developer tools.
- Experience working with XML / XSLT
- Experience using Visual Studio (2013 or later)
- Web Accessibility: solid experience coding to WCAG standards
- UI/UX: solid understanding of principles; standards and best practices. #LI-ME1