- Bronx, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 17 Feb 19
Perform and automate reconciliations on multiple accounts while being able to help with the accounts payable function.
Well known community bank that has just gone public.
- Responsible for reconciling and ensuring accuracy of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Monitors and reconciles A/P Module and other accounts utilized by the A/P Module.
- Maintains various accounting system modules, i.e. accrued, prepaid and fixed assets, etc.
- Prepares daily settlement for all of the Bank's official checks accounts.
- Monitors interest income and interest expense on a daily basis; performs daily review of statement of condition for unusual variations.
- Maintains accounting system to accurately reflect the financial position of the Bank at all times.
- Prepares adjusting and correcting entries as needed; ensures proper maintenance of Bank's general ledger; takes action to correct accounting-related errors or problems with the accuracy of the general ledger; reconciles accounts.
- Remits withholding taxes to IRS and files supporting tax returns.
- Prepares and submits OIT forms to corresponding branches, departments, and personnel, including any unmatched items and differences of bank account or general ledger reconciliations; follows up until resolution.
- Performs daily review of Suspense Interface and Interest Transfer to verify zero balances; clears all discrepancies.
- Performs daily balancing of ATM activity; prepares entries related to settlement and fees.
- 1-3 years accounting experience
- Reconciliation experience
- AP experience
- Banking/Financial Services experience preferred
This role offers a competitive base salary, along with a strong benefits package. The bank also offers huge growth potential as the bank has just gone public and they are expanding.