Associate Financial Advisor
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of managing our clients' finances - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join an experienced and growing Private Wealth Advisory practice. Our work environment is fast-paced, varied, and we have a passion for doing great work and providing exceptional client service. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee and become part of a team helping hundreds of local clients invest for what's important to them.
The associate financial advisor will assist financial advisors in working with clients to help them achieve their financial goals. This role will initially start with client relationship support for our existing client base with the opportunity to grow into a financial advisor position. The employing franchise owner will lead you as you hone your skills and eventually learn how to conduct client meetings and provide advice. As an associate financial advisor, you will be instrumental in creating and delivering an exceptional client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. Read more about Ameriprise and our practice at www.ameripriseadvisors.com/steven.m.harty Responsibilities Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Traits and Personal Qualities:
- Prepare for client appointments. Gather information necessary to review the client's investments, insurances, and overall financial picture. Highlight items for discussion, research potential opportunities, strategize ways to help the client better reach their goals, and monitor account activity for any action needed during the advisor-client meeting.
- Financial Planning. Oversee the financial planning process including data gathering, providing preliminary planning recommendations and reviewing deliverables.
- Develop portfolio recommendations that will fit the client's risk tolerance and time frame.
- Assist existing clients with account servicing requests such as transactions, money movement, RMDs, beneficiary updates, etc. Guide and follow up with clients tracking everything to completion.
- Answer incoming client requests and questions (as appropriately licensed). Research solutions using available resources, interact with corporate office employees to answer questions regarding their accounts and problem solve any account issues.
- Contact clients routinely to check in and provide service on an ongoing basis. See if they have any questions or needs on their accounts, learn to identify new sales or service opportunities.
- Learn how to utilize financial products and services to meet client needs.
- Provide support to the team as necessary for miscellaneous business and administrative requests.
Required Qualifications Position Requirements:
- Client service focused with strong communication skills
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate
- Resourceful, self-starter with investigative mindset
- High standards of business and professional ethics
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial and FINRA
- Must have a 4 year college degree
- 3+ years similar experience in financial services or financial planning
- Fingerprinting and background check required
- Already have FINRA Series 7, Series 66, NY Life, Accident & Health
Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter that states why you would be a good fit for this position and the compensation range you wish to discuss. Also, in your cover letter, please describe your three most defining characteristics or attributes. This exercise is meant to help us get to know you.