Trust Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative and operational support for Trust Officers located in Minneapolis and/or Las Vegas, NV. Duties include assistance with opening and termination of personal trust accounts, disbursements, and cash movement, communication with external CPAs and internal departments. Support trust officers with day to day duties and projects as needed. This role is a critical client service position and will assist Trust Officers in maintaining a positive experience for our advisors and clients, quality customer service, and client retention. Responsibilities
• Distributions and Bill Pay: Learn all aspects of administration of trust accounts in the trust administration system, which includes coordinating with the beneficiary on how to receive their proceeds or obtain transfer instructions from successor trustee. Assemble discretionary requests and upload instructions for digital payment from the trust to the beneficiaries, acting as liaison between trust officers and operations. Oversee instructions to operations for completion of distribution and any clerical/client/advisor follow up.
• Account Opening and Termination: Assembling information for multiple sources, creating and scanning into digital account files, notifying internal and external partners regarding status of account and asset transfer. Assist with administrative tasks required for on-boarding new high net worth clients and/or transferring existing client accounts, to and from the Trust Company.
• Annual Reviews: Assemble documents for periodic account reviews, noting exceptions which are missing, for Trust Officer review.
• Tax Season: Assemble documents during tax season, follow up with outside accountants, internal CPA, and special asset providers to assemble tax packets for digital encrypted transmission.
• Ad Hoc Project Work: Researching issues or questions about account information, disbursements, fees, scanning, copying, filing and word processing. Required Qualifications
• High school graduate or GED
• Knowledge or ability to quickly learn software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, One Note, Win-Zip, Skype, Sharepoint, Investors View, Archer, etc.).
• Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong written, oral interpersonal communication skills. Assist in building relationships within trust team and with other departments.
• Discretion to know when to provide information to clients or advisors and when to defer matter to trust officer.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
• Experience in working in the financial, accounting, legal industry or in personal trust department. Preferred Qualifications
Associates degree About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. The Banking and Cash Solutions team mission is to make life more rewarding by helping others achieve their goals and dreams by providing compelling product solutions and a seamless client experience. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Banking and Cash Solutions and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.