Serve as first point of contact for advisors, clients, and relationship partners for routine service issues, requests, policies, procedures, and account information. Communicate directly with clients and advisors to research questions, open issue resolution cases, and resolve problems over the phone or notify appropriate service partners. Respond to inquiries with prompt, accurate solutions to transaction/service requests in a fast-paced, customer-focused, team environment.
If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Serves as the first customer point of contact for updating client profile and household information, handling financial planning and new business inquiries, assist in troubleshooting issues, and enter service requests into appropriate systems for resolution by appropriate service partners. Ensure that all pertinent information is gathered and accurately entered to ensure prompt resolution. Receives guidance from Coaches on a frequent basis to process these requests.
- Continue to develop understanding of systems and procedures to educate clients and advisors on newly-enacted services, as they arise, to facilitate efficient self-service. Serve as a key resource for customers on company or product policies and systems and troubleshoot simple usability issues raised by customers. Refer more complex issues to appropriate service partners.
- Respond directly to information requests initiated by customers utilizing a variety of systems. Provide information to clients, advisors, or other relationship partners, and work with appropriate internal partners to resolve any outstanding question(s).
- Interact directly with customers, predominately via a high-volume, in-bound or out-bound phone queue and chat interactions to provide accurate and immediate solutions to routine transaction and service requests. Utilize appropriate internal computer applications and enter all information in the appropriate system for tracking and archival purposes.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills that include the ability to explain policies or concepts in a straightforward, easy-to-understand manner.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated skill troubleshooting and identifying and resolving root cause issues.
- For remote agents, access to high speed internet with speeds sufficient to support the responsibilities of the role
About Our Company
- Previous customer service experience.
- Product-specific or financial services industry experience.
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.