Business Systems Analyst Intern- Summer Intern Associate Development Program 2020
Full time - Temporary Type of Hire
Requisition will be sent to PeopleFluent Experience Desired Education Desired
High School Diploma Travel Percentage
0% Job Description
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun. Join the 2020 Associate Development Summer Internship Program today!
As a 2020 Summer Intern with FIS, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, social events, professional development seminars and work alongside team mentors. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 8, 2020 and conclude on August 14, 2020. About the team:
FIS Decision Solutions Business Systems Analyst Intern offers an opportunity to learn about our core business offerings, market problems we solve, our clients and product evolution. The intern program provides undergraduate students the experience to fundamentals such as product evolution lifecycle, market research and product development.
We are seeking an energetic associate to join our dynamic Product Management team that consists of both Product Managers and Business Systems Analysts/Product Owners. We provide our financial service clients with various products across the account lifecycle of Identity, Fraud, Acquisition, Portfolio Management and Direct to Consumer. What you will be doing:
As a member of our product team, you will analyze business issues and make recommendations independently and/or in collaboration with our various internal partners. You will have an opportunity to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate these business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
What you bring:
- Develop/revise and make available quality of materials (e.g. Business Requirements, Product Documentation, Test Packets, etc.) for the assigned product(s).
- Update and maintain the product backlogs (JIRA) and enhancement for the assigned product(s) to drive product-line profitability as well as ensuring the product(s) remains compliant.
- Provide market research and analysis for existing products and/or new ideation product concepts.
- Provide product expertise and production informational support to internal and external entities.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Leadership on initiatives in process under Scrum/Agile methodology.
- Compile and document best practices across the team.
- Rising Senior (graduating December 2020 through May 2021)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and communication skills
- Adaptability, a drive to learn, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
We are seeking a motivated undergraduate with a degree emphasis in Business Information Technology who possess:
Added bonus if you have:
- Good analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with cross functional teams, such as compliance, legal, marketing, development, implementations, consulting, etc.
- Offers creativity that will advance our product evolution
- Ability to learn concepts quickly
- Good verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
What we offer you:
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative, Scrum/Agile and other modern approaches to software development)
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio
- Competitive full-time paid summer internship
- Opportunity to participate in projects that directly impact business value
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- An opportunity to join a fun, exciting and collaborative team who is passionate about solving market and client problems.
- An opportunity to learn more about financial services and how FIS solutions excel.
- An opportunity to experience how we champion our client's mission by delivering value every day.
- An opportunity to represent Product, yet also engage with a diversification of many other teams, such as legal, compliance, marketing, development, implementation, consumer relations.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the http://www.fisglobal.com/-/media/fisglobal/files/policies/privacy/online-privacy-notice/english.pdf?la=en Online Privacy Notice. EEOC Statement
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf available here supplement document http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.