Senior Settlements Analyst
- Whippany, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
About Ops Securities The Settlement Operations department supports all of the Americas settlement activity for the firm. Incorporated into settlements is various processing areas all of which are in support of multiple business lines. The groups incorporated under Settlement Operations are DTC, Government and International settlements, Buy-ins/COD, EFG operations, P&S and Options, each area provides support to settlement related activity.
Overall purpose of role
The US Settlements Team is responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day performance of a Third Party Utility to ensure BAU processing for client and mitigating processing Risk
- Incident and Risk Event Management
- Managing the Service Change Request process - from working with the Third Party Utility on the creation of the Service Request form to procedural re-writes to Implementation
- Serving as process subject matter expert and an escalation point for Internal and External Clients
- Client Management
- Regulatory and Risk ownership - including interfacing with Regulators
- Successful implementation of Firm and Industry initiatives
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Performance Reporting to Senior Management
- Management of processing issues, risk events, KPI's and KRI's and mitigating risk
- Utility Relationship Management
- Day to day risk and performance management of the services provided by the Utility
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Enabling High Performance: Sets the standards of and assumes accountability for performance required to achieve the organisation's future goals and priorities. Enables leaders to take calculated risks by delegating trust and responsibility to deliver success in their area.
- Building Relationships: Creates and maintains a culture in which trust and mutual respect are valued, challenging people and systems that do not support this. Uses complex influencing strategies and conveys a strong vision to achieve results and obtain buy-in across the organisation.
- Working Collaboratively: Builds a culture where involvement and sharing are seen as essential for the achievement of shared objectives and agendas. Sets a clear agenda where business areas and functions understand their contribution to the future success of the organisation.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Making Critical Decisions: Takes a flexible, agile decision making process to shape strategic direction, responding positively to changing internal and external circumstances. Promotes a culture in which the needs and perspectives of a wide range of stakeholders and partners are at the forefront of decision-making.
- Defining and Executing Change: Acts as a catalyst for change and inspires confidence in stakeholders with the quality and conviction of their vision, building support and sponsorship at all levels and ensures the need for change is embedded in across the organisation.
- Driving Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Shapes and drives a culture of review and improvement across the organisation. Strives to continually improve business processes that impact positively on the business and uphold the values.
- Building an Effective Control Environment: Champions a culture where all colleagues understand and follow the framework within which the bank follows risk and takes accountability for ensuring this. Takes personal accountability for ensuring that processes, risks and controls are applied in way that achieves a good outcome for the bank and its customers/clients.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of experience in a operations/trade support role within Financial Services, supporting clients
- DTC & Fed Settlement experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) to be able to effectively communicate with multiple levels
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Works collaboratively
- Able to quickly identify Risk and Compliance Issues