Loan Operations Manager
- Whippany, NJ, USA Whippany NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Overall purpose of role The position has the responsibility for managing a team of admins responsible for a portfolio of syndicated lending transactions and performing all the servicing activities required.
Overall purpose of role
- The position has the responsibility for managing a team responsible for a portfolio of syndicated lending transactions and performing all the servicing activities required.
- Managing the processing of all incoming work, and oversee subordinate staff members, all in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verifying the work of others in ACBS/E-Serve/GBS, investigating and resolving complex cash breaks position breaks and escalating to management where appropriate
- Ensuring appropriate flow of work during unexpected outages,
- Training and helping develop Staff to written standard based on subject matter expertise
- Partnering with management to identify/recommend and develop processes and procedures and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring unit functions on a daily basis, in a effective and efficient manner
- Management of Off Shore 3rd Party and Captive processing staff.Individuals at this level are expected to work independently but refer more complex situations to team leads/subject matter expert.
- Knowledge of products currently handled by Wholesale Lending Operations, including syndicated lending, securitizations, letter of credits, municipal financing,
- Daily review and action of control and exception reports. Ensure breaks are researched and resolved per agreed department standards. For unresolved items, provide detailed commentary and explanations for discrepancies including estimated time frames for resolution.
- Communicate with stakeholders inside and outside of the Loans group to resolve "Breaks" and discrepancies highlighted in various reports published daily/weekly/Etc
- Participate in system testing which may fall outside of business hours.
- Verifier roles will be required to review and approve work of admins.
- Agency roles will require strong client servicing skills and ability to communicate effectively with CFOs, treasury managers, controllers, etc.
- Back up co-workers and assist with adhoc projects and assignments.
- Primary systems: ACBS, MOC, WSO, ClearPar, Jetbridge, GBS, TCW
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of experience in banking or a financial services firm
- 1+ years of team lead experience
- Knowledge and experience working on a syndicated loan operations team.
- Good Verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of lending systems (ACBS, ClearPar, WSO, Loan IQ, payments systems)
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite and software, in particular MS Excel.