As a Barclays Loan Operations Analyst, you have the responsibility for a number of different functions within the US Loans group. A few of these responsibilities include managing a portfolio of syndicated lending transactions, performing all the servicing activities, and maintaining a portfolio of Par/Distressed LSTA loan trades from trade date through to settlement.
What will you be doing?
- Liaising with trade counterparties, agent banks, legal counsel, both internal and external as required to ensure documents are in order for a smooth settlement
- Executing requests from Clients/Agent bank/Participants/Counterparties with respect to terms of agreed facilities, including draw downs, repayments, rollovers, etc.
- Drafting and reviewing of LSTA Par/distressed trade documents
- Reviewing of Credit Agreements to assess transferability requirements and restrictions
- Working alongside the KYC team to ensure all internal checks are complete prior to trade settlements
- Liaising with the Operations trade settlements team to instruct the settlement of trades
- Monitoring the trader’s positions to ensure the trade and settled positions are reconciled at all times
- Reviewing control and exception reports and ensuring discrepancies are researched and resolved per agreed department standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in banking or financial services firm
- Experience in LMA or LSTA market instruments
- Finastra applications knowledge – Loan IQ/ Global Pay Plus
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite and software knowledge
- Knowledge and experience working on a syndicated loan operations team
- IHS Markit applications knowledge - Notice Manager, Markit Loan Reconciliation, Clearpar
- Salesforce & Pega Customer Relationship Management applications knowledge
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.