- Whippany, NJ, USA Whippany NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Overall purpose of role * Managing a portfolio of syndicated lending transactions and performing all the servicing activities required. * Creating MIS and reconcilements reports, attesting to account balances. * Reviewing Credit Agreements, Credit Sanctions, and other client documents as required.
Overall purpose of role
- The position has the responsibility for a number of different functions within the US Loans group, including, but not limited to the following:
- Managing a portfolio of syndicated lending transactions and performing all the servicing activities required.
- Creating MIS and reconcilements reports, attesting to account balances.
- Reviewing Credit Agreements, Credit Sanctions, and other client documents as required
- Individuals at this level are expected to work independently but refer more complex situations to team leads/subject matter expert.
- Knowledge of products currently handled by Wholesale Lending Operations, including syndicated lending, securitizations, letter of credits, municipal financing,
- Timely execution of requests from clients with respect to terms of agreed facilities, including draw downs, repayments, rollovers, wire transfers, treasury fundings, deposits, and investigations.
- Ensure that fees, interest, and principal amortization are billed and collected and forwarded to participants/syndicate members as appropriate and may consist of calculating and tracking complex accruals and rate levels.
- Daily review and action of control and exception reports. Ensure breaks are researched and resolved per agreed department standards. For unresolved items, provide detailed commentary and explanations for discrepancies including estimated time frames for resolution.
- Communicate with stakeholders inside and outside of the Loans group to resolve "Breaks" and discrepancies highlighted in various reports published daily/weekly/Etc
- Provide cross training to colleagues on function and systems.
- Participate in system testing which may fall outside of business hours.
- Verifier roles will be required to review and approve work of admins.
- Agency roles will require strong client servicing skills and ability to communicate effectively with CFOs, treasury managers, controllers, etc.
- Recon and MIS Roles will require above average MS Excel skills, and basic understanding of Accounting.
- Back up co-workers and assist with adhoc projects and assignments.
- Primary systems: ACBS, MOC, WSO, ClearPar, Jetbridge, GBS, TCW
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ year experience in banking or financial services firm
- Knowledge and experience working on a syndicated loan operations team
- Working knowledge of lending systems (ACBS, ClearPar, WSO, Loan IQ, payments systems)
- Strong Microsoft Office suite and software, in particular MS Excel