Application Support Lead
- Whippany, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 15 Nov 18
The engineer will provide systems administration and On-Call production support for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and other middleware based applications.
Overall purpose of role
The engineer will provide systems administration and On-Call production support for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and other middleware based applications. Works closely with security and platform teams to delivery world class security and resilience. Automate application upgrades and patches using devops tools and technology.
- Experience installing and configuring applications on middleware platform like JBoss, Tomcat and WebLogic
- Experience is administering Adobe Experience Manager/CQ application on LINUX servers.
- Experience in configuring front end Apache web servers, AEM dispatcher configuration, deploying modules, configuration updates, monitoring front end and back end performance of website servers and functionality.
- Experience in tuning and troubleshooting performance issues on middleware platform servers.
- Active participation in On-Call rotation with flexible schedule.
- Experience in troubleshooting AEM related issues.
- Knowledge on the Adobe Experience Manager/CQ administration activities such as User permissions/creations with LDAP synchronization, sling setting status, creation of audit reports, code and configuration management and others.
- Knowledge of automating application deployments, configuration and patching using devops tools like Chef.
- Experience in securing applications using certificates.
- Experience using performance monitoring tools like AppDynamics or Wily.
- Schedules new install of new software releases and application system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and new application supplied products.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Function as an active participant and volunteer for assignments.
- Exhibit flexibility and adapt to changing conditions and On-Call shifts.
- Work with application external vendors and internal teams for problem resolutions and implementing best practices.
- Cross train peers and always keep the team informed on all collaborated tasks.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Strong analytical ability to consider various ways of debugging and resolving the problems.
- Proven ability to identify and analyse the root cause of the problem. Look back and verify the implemented resolutions.
- Decision making after thorough information gathering and weight up the risks involved.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.