Operational Risk Manager - Group Finance
- Weehawken, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Job Reference # 191930BR
Are you a great with numbers? Do you have an analytical mind? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
• Implement and monitor compliance with the UBS group-wide Operational Risk Framework
• Pro-actively manage operational risk by supporting the Group Finance functions with operational risk identification utilizing forward looking metrics and reviewing key risk indicators
• Support and challenge the functions to ensure a robust risk assessment of identified issues and work with the functions to agree sustainable remediation plans, highlight gaps and slippages in a timely fashion
• Manage and facilitate the documentation and on-going maintenance of Finance's key procedural controls; to review completeness and adequacy of Key Procedural Controls; support the functions in the review and challenge of the semi-annual control assessments results
• Work with the functions to understand the root cause of operational risk events, back-test these against risk indicators and take these learnings forward to reduce future events and improve self-identification of issues
• To provide key senior finance stakeholders on a divisional and regional axis with timely and accurate reporting of all operational risk related items and events
• Interact with key stakeholders including Internal and external audit, ORMs in other departments and regulatory relations
The Group Finance Operational Risk Management (FORM) team is a regionally aligned specialized team who are responsible for actively engaging in / managing the identification, assessment, remediation and reporting of operational risk regionally, across Group, Entity and Divisional dimensions.
Your experience and skills
• 10+ years of experience in Operational Risk Management, Compliance and/or key services within Finance i.e. Financial/Product or Regulatory control
• Strong Banking/Accounting and Controlling experience with understandings of the processes and controls that are part of the Finance department of a large investment bank
• Strong knowledge of internal control design, operational risk frameworks and principles, and front-to-back process flows right from the onset of a transaction to its final reporting in the financials
• Experience working with multiple stakeholder including Internal and external audit, regulatory governance teams, compliance and various operational risk management teams across different areas of the bank (Eg: Risk, Operations, Front office etc)
• Experience in managing at least a smaller team
• proactive, reliable when working independently with strong attention to details
• Well organized, with solid decision making skills
• A resilient team player with a positive attitude
• A critical thinker who communicates clearly with senior stakeholders
• Proactive, self-driven and flexible personality with ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong problem solving/analytical and influencing skills
• 'Control-minded' with the ability to identify control gaps to lead and support the development of robust solutions
• Able to lead key Operational Risk processes and projects globally
• Strong, confident self-motivated contributor who is comfortable working independently to look ahead, anticipate, challenge and manage around obstacles
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.