- Weehawken, NJ, USA Weehawken NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS Wealth Management
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Are you passionate about building robust and reliable Mainframe applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in making improvements and how to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
– With mainframe development and testing efforts addressing level 3 maintenance and support activities
– Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions based on a well-defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
– Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs within a complex business domain
– Take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services
You'll be working in the Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations team in Weehawken, NJ. You'll be an integral part of a global team working with associates located in India, Poland and North Americas. We …
• own Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations efforts that "Run the Bank"
• are a Technology Function fully dedicated to supporting the Wealth Management Americas (WMA) Business and its IT Application Service Lines
• are a metrics driven organization governed by a set of mature KPIs and Processes
Your experience and skills
– 5-10 years' experience of development, design and integration of mainframe solutions end-to-end
– expert level in Cobol 5 programming, Cobol Reports , Table/Array handling and SAS, JCL, Abend solving
– proficiency with VSAM and sequential files, DB2 and SQL/Xquery, CICS, understanding of OLTP
– solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
– experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
– excellent analytical, problem solving, research, investigation and evaluation skills
– proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of development effort status
– comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– process oriented and have worked in an onshore-offshore model
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.