Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We are looking for a candidate having
•good programming skills with experience in HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Flume, Pig, Python, R etc
•Data analytics, wrangling and BI solutions usage in Hadoop ecosystem
•worked in both Batch and Real time implementation workflows on Hadoop, usage of Autosys JIL is preferable
• worked with some data quality metric tools like Informatica BDM, DQ,
Specific experience in one or more following areas would be a plus
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
Other skills for all team members preferable need to include
• Experience with Agile, Waterfall etc methodologies
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of wealth management domain is good to have
• Experience planning for and conducting implementation activities
• Experience analyzing data sources and datasets to evaluate and document data content and flows
You'll be working in the WMA IT team in Weehawken, NJ. We are a team of open minded, highly motivated and forward thinking professionals who care about strategy and quality. You will be cooperating with multiple teams located in US and in India working on a strategic data architecture platform. We are the central data hub for core WMA data, the single version of the truth, providing data for downstream processing, reporting and analytics. All teams are highly skilled and capable in Big Data and ETL technologies. You will collaborate closely with the Business, the office of the CDO, CTO, Quality Assurance and IT professionals. This initiative has a very high profile and is recognized to be a core component of our business strategy over the next three years. You will be based in the UBS office in Weehawken, NJ. If you love data, new technologies and innovation, then this position if for you
•Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution.
•overall 3 to 5 years of IT experience , of which 3 years of experience in a Data developer role in a big data environment with Hadoop distributions such as cloudera or hortonworks .
• experience with Agile, Waterfall etc methodologies
• strong analytical skills
• knowledge of wealth management domain is good to have
• experience planning for and conducting implementation activities
• experience analyzing data sources and datasets to evaluate and document data content and flows
• experience analyzing test data and datasets using automation tools .
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.