C&ORC Data Strategy Analyst
- Weehawken, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
Job Reference # 186721BR
Do you see data as an asset and understand the importance data plays within the business strategy? Are you someone with a keen interest in Financial Crime and Data Governance, leveraging technology and process improvement? Do you have experience executing projects and tracking delivery? Do you have sharp analytical skills? We are looking for someone like this to:
• Document, plan and support implementation of data related governance.
• Work in a highly collaborative environment across business and technology teams to identify and implement data quality improvement opportunities.
• Create dashboards, requirements and specifications to demonstrate progress against deliverables.
• Create and maintain business glossaries, data lineage and controls assessment.
• Assist in the authoring of project status deliverables, coordinating teams to ensure deliverables are met, and assist managing risks and issues.
• Leverage and create materials to support Data Strategy initiatives and data governance education.
You'll be working in the Data Strategy team in Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance (GCRG). The Data Strategy team works closely with COO teams to ensure close coordination across GCRG, as well as in collaboration with regional GCRG chief of staff, business management and change management teams to fulfil its responsibilities. The focus for the Data Strategy team is to enable GCRG to deliver its mission & purpose effectively & efficiently. We are responsible for the development and implementation of a Data Strategy roadmap that supports the effective operation of the GCRG function, including strategic initiatives and operational risk management.
• An understanding of Operational Risk processes and practices
• A strong understanding of Risk, Financial Crime and/or Financial Data
• An understanding of data management, data governance and analytics
• Proven change management experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• An ability to tailor messages in a clear, concise manner, understandable even by non-technical department personnel.
• Experience working with multi-functional teams
• Self-motivated who likes to grow and stretch themselves
• Highly organized, who is creative and analytical
• Eager to learn about Data Governance tools, lineage, data quality controls and data dictionaries.
• Adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills
• Have strong MS Office skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.