Commercial Loan Servicing Supervisor
- Wayne, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 13 Oct 18
This individual will manage the daily activities of the NJ Commercial Loan Operations function. They will supervise a staff of 6 by delegating tasks, reviewing work and managing work flow to ensure that the 11.5 billion dollar Commercial Loan portfolio is services accurately, timely and according to regulatory requirements and established bank policy and procedures.
Our client is a regional financial institution with over $29 billion in assets and more than 200 branches located throughout New Jersey, Manhattan, Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Alabama and Florida.
The Commercial Loan Servicing Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Supervise daily activities of the NJ Commercial Loan Operations team with full responsibility for servicing a portfolio of over 9000 loans totaling 11.5 billion dollars.
- Delegates tasks to staff, monitors productivity and quality and ensures all daily work is processed accurately and timely.
- Prepare and distribute various managerial reports requested by the Line of Business, Regulatory Compliance and Sr. Management.
- Ensure that staff is fully trained, assist subordinates with daily activities when heavy work flow demands, discipline employees if necessary.
- Complete performance reviews for staff, interview candidates for open positions and make recommendations on the most qualified candidates to hire.
- Develop subordinates through training, coaching, delegating, etc.
- Participate in change management activities related to continual enhancements associated with the nCino rollout by communicating changes and preparing team members for changes to their daily processes.
- Ensure that departmental operating manuals and training aids are kept up to date
- Recommend controls by evaluating current processes and create new or improved practices. Streamlines processes where appropriate.
- Liaison for internal and external audit reviews. Directs auditors where to find appropriate data/ reports relevant to the scope of their audit.
- Assists with Miser release testing and data mapping for system implementations and bank acquisitions as directed by Department Manager.
- Comply with all regulations pertaining to BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, and OFAC. Complete annual BSA training. Report suspicions of criminal activity, or any attempt to avoid BSA reporting requirements on the part of customers or employees, to the AML/BSA Compliance Department. For supervisory positions, ensure BSA training requirements are completed by staff.
- Review, maintain and improve operating procedures for all areas.
- Assist management in compiling and managing data files and creating various management reports.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Knowledge of loan servicing, loan products, loan documentation and basic accounting including GL entries and reconciliations.
- Full understanding of loan terminology and loan documentation as relates to Commercial Lending
- Considerable knowledge of Miser system including functionality, data fields and work flows.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with staff and other Loan Operations staff to resolve problems and correct discrepancies.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and delegate assignments, review/ analyze routine reports and correspondence, read and interpret loan -related documents, make necessary decisions.
- Ability to complete daily responsibilities, weekly/ monthly reporting responsibilities, and project tasks within required time frames.
The Commercial Loan Servicing Supervisor will receive a competitive annual base salary in Wayne, NJ.