Technology Analyst / Analyste (H/F)
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities. Who we are
At Cognizant, we consider it our responsibility to make people feel at home in the future, no matter how technology enabled it becomes. So we are committed to helping solve some of humankind's most difficult challenges in a way that is beneficial and comfortable for people through the work we do, and through investing in training people around the world with the digital skills needed to do that work.
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Cognizant specializes in helping some of the world's most established companies to stay the most loved brands in today's fast-changing technology landscape by advancing every aspect of how they serve their customers: digitizing their products, services and customer experiences; automating their business processes; and modernizing their technology infrastructures. Position Overview
As a Technology Analyst
, you will have the opportunity to work on complex emerging technology and business projects across a wide range of fields and industries for some of the world's leading companies.
Your journey starts in our Gen-C Onboarding experience designed to kick-start your career. You will build technical and professional skills through virtual and classroom training sessions with fellow technology professionals across North America. We also provide you career counseling and mentoring where you will connect with our leaders and build your network.
Depending on your background, interests and Cognizant business need, you will be aligned to a technology area which will allow you to enhance your core competency skills and grow your career. You will take on challenges to deliver technology innovation, and design and implement solutions that impact our clients' business and IT imperatives.
New hires will be assigned to client engagement projects in major cities in the U.S. where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. We work with the best of the best!
Your first assignment could involve any combination of the following - application development, maintenance, testing, business requirements gathering and analysis or project management support. Throughout your first two years at Cognizant, we will closely monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals at Cognizant. This program has very high visibility with our Executive team and provides tremendous opportunity for leadership development.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preferred majors include: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, other Engineering disciplines, Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Data Analytics, Data Science, Big Data, and/or Business Administration majors with technical proficiency
- Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of the major geographic areas where we have significant customer accounts and/or travel may be required
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for these roles
- Internship or academic experience with programming languages (Java, Pearl, Python, Ruby, Hadoop, C++), modern web technologies (SQL, Cloud, AI, Robotics), or similar technical proficiencies
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and software engineering practices, specifically in Object Oriented programming concepts and software engineering practices
- Basic understanding fundamentals of software development life cycle and various live cycle models such as waterfall, spiral, Agile, etc
- Basic Understanding on Database Concepts - Relational DB or NO SQL
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Mar 16 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.