Technology Analyst Intern
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities. Position Overview
By joining as an Technology Analyst Intern
, you will be assigned to a client engagement where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. The project will run from the Innovation Lab set up at the Development center, and will use state of the art technologies spanning across a wide variety of toolkits in today's industry standard tech stack, to come up with solutions which will be presented to the clientele and implemented in the long run. Your role will involve, and is not limited to, the following:
- Understand and become familiar with common code review methods and standards for various programming languages
- Participation in designated requirements and design definition
- Engage in design & development of digital applications that takes products to next generation. Mobile/Cloud/IoT based product development is the key to unlock vast potential in this space
- Bring up innovative ideas around data/technology/supply chain & retail integrations that can contribute to the success of the customer's needs
- Designing and documenting key decision criteria, technical specifications by considering Products as a platform that can be expanded/enhanced in future based on market potential
- Working with SDLC Documentation Packages to ensure validation and compliance of systems
- Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs. Responsible for developing project proposals, gathering functional requirements, developing and executing test scripts
- Understand and communicate relevant new products, features & capabilities as they become available and ensure use case fitment reviews are done
- Resolving business issues related to implemented systems or processes by working with systems or process owners, project teams and vendors
- Investigating alternatives, which use existing applications and make recommendations based on that research
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills with the passion and appetite to learn newer technologies. We provide a technical career path with the opportunity to be 'hands-on' and get involved in code and design.
- Freshmen to Junior undergraduates. Our preferred majors are Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Electrical, Computer, or Industrial Engineering, or other related majors that provide foundational knowledge in software development and testing
- Understanding fundamentals of software development life cycle and importance of quality management and processes
- Familiarity with programming languages or frameworks, such as C, C++, Java, .NET, Perl, etc.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
Internship will run from June 2020 - August 2020 .
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for these roles.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Oct 02 2019
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.