AI & Analytics Senior Data Engineer / Ingénieur (H/F)
We are Cognizant Artificial Intelligence
Digital technologies, including analytics and AI, give companies a once-in-a-generation opportunity to perform orders of magnitude better than ever before. However, clients need new business models built from analyzing customers and business operations at every angle to really understand them.
With the power to apply artificial intelligence and data science to business decisions via enterprise data management solutions, we help leading companies prototype, refine, validate and scale the most desirable products and delivery models to enterprise scale within weeks.
Chances are you're not looking for business as usual. Neither are we. Find out more about our student and entry-level opportunities. At Cognizant Artificial Intelligence, we have a challenging Data Engineer role.
A Data Engineer in the AI and Analytics Practice brings relevant context to complex data for business and IT for intelligent systems and human decisioning. They work with in the domains of data management, to integrate high-volume, high-variation, and/or high-velocity data to produce answers and enable clients to ask an entirely new class of questions. They will use a variety of tools and techniques to deliver better, faster, and smarter data to some of the world's most successful businesses - our clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and deliver data pipelines to store data in a way that is accessible, performant, secure, and sustainable \t
- Prototype solutions, prepare test scripts, and conduct tests for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses \t
- Review and validate data loaded into data lakes/warehouses for accuracy \t
- Develop proofs of concept and evaluate design options to deliver ingestion, search, metadata cataloging and scheduling of data pipelines \t
- Data engineering in line with best practices and Cognizant's reference architecture \t
- Understand and document technical use case requirements in order to deliver data movement and transformation solutions
- Graduate degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience \t
- Strong business communication skills (including written and oral) \t
- Programming experience with Python or Java development for modern data engineering \t
- Strong background in relational data models \t
- Exposure in Data Pipelines & SQL / NoSQL (e.g Cassandra, Hbase) and Relational Database management systems \t
- Exposure to implementing PaaS services on public clouds - Azure, AWS OR GCP \t
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills \t
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for this role.
- Full Data lifecycle development experience \t
- Industry experience (financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, life sciences, communications) \t
- Experience in developing and deploying distributed computing applications using Open Source or cloud native services \t
- Working knowledge of data applications development using Hadoop components is a nice to have (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.) \t
- Exposure to data analytics and data mining tools/applications such as Tableau, QlikSense /QlikView, R or SAS \t
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle) \t
- Development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS) \t
- Experience leading teams
Learning & Development
- Your on-the-job success and Cognizant career advancement is important. To help you construct a platform for personal and professional growth, your Cognizant journey will include a learning program catering to your skill and role \t
- Go deep - by gaining niche Data Engineering skills vital to success in your new role \t
- Be broad - and create job maneuverability in emerging and established technologies \t
- Develop a meaningful professional relationship with a senior level Data Engineer mentor \t
- Learn by doing in the area of client communications and client relationships. \t
- Our commitment to you: Working with one of the top Data Engineering firms, using some of the most advanced and patented evolutionary AI capabilities. \t
- Your innovative thinking and successes will be rewarded with opportunities for career advancement \t
- You will gain experience across a wide variety of projects and industries with one of the world's premier Data Engineering firms \t
- You can make a difference working with high-profile clients and projects to create meaningful solutions through true collaboration
Why choose us?
- Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired. You will be supported by a high-caliber Data experts ecosystem and employ some of the most advanced and patented AI capabilities. \t
- New skills, knowledge and training through our global network of experts \t
- Competitive salary including paid time off, a 401K matching program, an extensive healthcare benefits suite, and more \t
- If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Oct 14 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.