AI & Analytics Associate
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
For progressive business analytics, computer science,
and information technology-oriented
graduates, this is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and global organization with a passion for building stronger businesses for our clients. Cognizant ( www.cognizant.com , NASDAQ: CTSH) is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing "All Star" by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant leverages a highly flexible business model, a seamless global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of world-class companies that are leaders in their own space. We are currently hiring for the following two role opportunities: AI & Analytics Data Engineer Responsibilities
Integrate high-volume, high-variation, and/or high-velocity data to produce answers in real-time and enable clients to ask an entirely new class of questions.
- Deliver data pipelines to store data in a way that is accessible, performant, secure, and sustainable
- Prototype solutions, prepare test scripts, and conduct tests for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses
- Review and validate data loaded into data lakes/warehouses for accuracy
- Develop proofs of concept and evaluate design options to deliver ingestion, search, metadata cataloging and scheduling of data pipelines for data modernization
- Data engineering in line with best practices and Cognizant's reference architecture
- Understand and document technical use case requirements to deliver data movement and transformation solutions
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience
- Strong business communication skills (including written and oral)
- Experience with Java or Python development for modern data engineering
- Strong background in relational data models
- Exposure in ETL tools and Scala & Kafka
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
Learning & Development
- Full lifecycle development experience
- Implementation experience within the Hadoop ecosystem
- Industry experience (financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, life sciences, communications)
- Experience in developing and deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks such as Apache Spark
- Working knowledge of application development using Hadoop components (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.)
- Exposure to data analytics and data mining tools/applications such as Tableau, QlikSense /QlikView, R or SAS
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS)
- Experience leading teams
Applicants must be willing to relocate - our business model requires our consultants to be as close to the client site as possible. Cognizant will provide relocation assistance.
- Your innovative thinking and successes will be rewarded with opportunities for career advancement
- Your Cognizant journey will include a learning program catering to your skill level and role that will provide you with new skills, knowledge, and training through our global network of experts
- A high-caliber analytics ecosystem will support you
- Competitive salary including paid time off, a 401K matching program, an extensive healthcare benefits suite, and more
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for this role. Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer
provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Oct 02 2019
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.