- Summit, NJ, USA Summit NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hosokawa MPS
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
The Assistant Controller will work under the direction of the Director of Finance to support the financial reporting and filings for Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems (HMPS), and Hosokawa Micron International Inc. (HMII). The Assistant Controller will ensure compliance with all internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly contribute to improving business processes/ work flows.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings and preparation of financial statements, including accurate and complete finalization of work papers, reconciliations and analytical review.
- Oversee and assist with disbursement activities ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, and payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee and assist with accounts receivable activities ensuring accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, sales tax, and funding service management which includes funding reports and quarter/ year-end payroll closing (federal and state reports).
- Become well-versed in existing company policies and procedures while applying professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test compliance.
- Assist with state and year-end financial and 401(k) audits by providing requested information to Financial Director.
- Complete special projects including but not limited to detailed financial analysis, project billing audits, fixed assets audits, assisting with forecasts, costing and budgets.
- Responsible for J-Sox compliance and governmental BEA reports.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- B.S Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Responsible for monthly closings in a manufacturing environment (machine manufacturing a plus)
- Direct supervision of two accounting clerks
- General knowledge of cost accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with Visual accounting system a plus
- M&A experience in a manufacturing environment a plus