Sr Technical Lead
As an Architect, you will work closely with Content Platforms, Platform Services, Product Management, Business Stakeholders and Technology teams on the core of the Platts technologies. The Impact:
The Software Application Architect - Content Platforms & Platform Services will play a pivotal role in our strategic transformation from product to platform-centric cloud software engineering. These efforts are occurring within the broader context of major strategic initiatives to extend our market leadership and build next-generation software platforms as we pivot to a platform company.
The candidate will be responsible for architecting and building new platforms/products and modernizing existing platforms into new and improved platforms. The candidate requires deep technical knowledge and experience as this position will influence several platforms which empower the various critical business processes of Platts. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Technology and Program Management teams as well as various business stakeholders on server-less cloud based Content platforms/applications/capabilities like Content Creation, Newsletter platforms, Real time news platforms, Price Reporting, Core Services, Content Packaging, Distribution and Delivery
- Analyze business strategy and determine system architecture requirements to achieve business goals
- Formulate and Build - Application and Technology Architecture concepts, mapping Requirements to well defined technical components and component connectors
- Work with business stakeholders to establish project scope, design and architect solution, come up with estimates, communicate project deliverable time frames and benchmarks to business as part of creating business case for initial project approvals
- Promote cloud-enabled serverless design patterns, leveraging native AWS services to optimize scale and cost
- Work with engineering team mentoring on architecture principals and best practices. Perform design and code reviews for the team members.
- Suggest architectural improvements, design and integration solutions, and formulate methodologies to optimize object-oriented software engineering
- Create architecture artifacts for Application, Technology and Infrastructure
- Formulate Performance Architecture concepts
- Create conceptual, logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Build Information Architecture components and Data flow, Data create and Data manage models
- Lead the process of capacity planning and design infrastructure required for the solution implementation
- Lead process of identifying and building the technology/non-functional requirements
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $110,800to $230,200 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What We're Looking For:
- Master's degree in Technology
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Sciences
- 12+ years of experience with 3+ as an architect
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm in a team environment
- Ability to work remotely, over different time zones and in a diverse team
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Confident and articulate in presentation
- Experience designing/operating solutions built on AWS
- Valuable hands on experience with AWS technologies - VPC, WAF, Security Group, IAM, S3, EC2, Lambda, ECS, EKS
- One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Knowledge on AWS security best practices
- Hands on experience with various technologies and languages such as JAVA, AngularJS, Python - knowledge on MVC frameworks like Django, Flask, scheduler framework like Celery etc, .NET, ReactJS, Spark, etc. is highly valued. Ability to pick up new technologies and languages will be required.
- Hands on experience with AWS RDS, Oracle PLSQL and PostGresSQL
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Constantly strives to discover and learn new technologies
- Ability to balance business priorities with technical requirements
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259983 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States